4 cups shreded coconut
1/2 cup butter
1 cup coconut oil
2tbsp powdered erythritol
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cacao powder
1 cup coconut oil
⅔ cup powdered erythritol
2 cups almonds
The Best Almond Joy Fat Bombs
My Favourite Kind of Joy
Before we get on to the best almond joy fat bombs recipe, let’s take a little time to talk about food. Food really has to be one of life’s ultimate pleasures. It’s also truly amazing how it can impact our lives. For example, good food helps bring back memories of moments we have enjoyed and shared with our loved ones. It also keeps our bodies strong, so when we exercise, all our muscles and organs are working at their absolute best. Finally, coming home to something delicious after a long, tiring day at work, helps us unwind and relax, completely taking us out of a sometimes “frazzled” frame of mind.
So, if you’re after all three of these amazing food benefits, this recipe is perfect for you. These delicious little squares of nutty deliciousness are perfect for taking to a family gathering on a Summer’s afternoon. Everyone from children to adults will love these, so make sure you take copies of the recipe to hand out!
They are also full of ingredients that help us keep our bodies in tip-top shape, such as coconut, which is great for lowering cholesterol, and almonds, which contain bioactive molecules (e.g. antioxidants) which help prevent cardiovascular disease.
Finally, they taste amazing, which makes them perfect for helping you unwind! The addition of cacao powder (which is similar to cocoa powder, it’s just the cocoa beans are unroasted and cold pressed instead of being cooked at high temperatures) will give you that ultimate chocolatey hit, which to be honest, everyone needs to beat the 4 pm slump!
Have you looked at the number of calories in these bad boys yet? You probably have, but if not, have a look now. It’s best to get the shock out of the way before we continue. Ok. Yes, these little pieces of heaven contain 150 calories and 25 grams of fat per serving, but this is not something to worry about. Some of it has come from the butter and coconut oil, but almonds are notorious for being full of fat that helps protect our heart and keeps it beating healthily.
Even better about these sweet treats is that they only contain 2 grams of sugar, which is something we all should definitely be trying to avoid! It also has the all-important low carbohydrates, which are vital for Ketogenic and Atkins dieters. Finally, they contain a huge 61 grams of protein, which means these bites aren’t just tasty but will keep you going throughout the afternoon.
So, next time you’re in the grocery store, but down those Oreos and get baking! Your body will thank you for it. These Almond Joy Fat Bombs will get you into ketosis and keep you there.
1. Measure coconut oil. If oil is hard, I press it down as I add it to the measuring cup. That way by the time the cup is full there are no air pockets. (Go on, use your hand if you have to!)
2. In a double boiler or in a bowl (glass or stainless steel) over a pan of water, melt coconut oil over medium-low heat. Do not let the bottom of bowl touch the water in the pan.
3. While oil is melting, measure out cocoa and sweetener.
4. In a bowl, combine the two and mix well.
5. Once oil is melted, remove from heat and add sweetener/cocoa mix. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
Coconut Base + Putting it together
1. Melt the coconut oil and butter.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flakes, melted butter, and coconut oil.
3. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and mix.
4. Sprinkle the mixture with the powdered Swerve sweetener and mix it again.
5. Layer a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a square pan.
6. Pour the coconut mixture into the pan and place in the freezer for about 5-7 minutes.
7. Remove the coconut mixture from the freezer and spread the almonds evenly on the top of the coconut base.
8. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the coconut, spreading evenly.
9. Place the mixture back in the freezer for about 10-20 minutes until it has completely set.
10. Use a sharp knife to cut the squares.
If Almond Joy Fat Bombs aren’t your thing, then be sure to try out our Keto Peanut Butter Fudge Fat Bombs!